This last class was different from most I've had and included a short presentation and then a class potluck. I made Szechuan noodles recipe courtesy of the Barefoot Contessa and my friend and mentor teacher, Krysta. It was a fun class.
I forgot to take a photo of the noodles beforehand. This is the
Here is the recipe:
6 garlic cloves
1/4 c. chopped ginger
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. tahini (sesame paste)
1/2 c. smooth peanut butter
1/2 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. sherry
1/4 c. sherry vinegar
1/4 c. honey
1 tsp. hot chili oil
2 Tbsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4. tsp cayenne/red pepper powder
->Combine above ingredients and puree in a food processor or blender
1 pound spaghetti
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
4 scallions sliced diagonally
-> Cook the spaghetti al dente. Drain and place in serving bowl.
-> Toss w/ 3/4 of sauce, then add the peppers and scallions.
-> Add remaining sauce if needed.
I love this dish because it can be served hot or cold, and you can add so many different things to it.... chicken, tofu, prawns, etc. The sauce keeps well and can be made well ahead of time, so it is easy to throw together at the last minute.
Now, there is nothing more required of me. I do get to walk across Qwest field on Sunday with a funny cap and gown.
1 comment:
Hey Kristin-
Thank you for posting the recipe. This is the best noodle dish ever! See you later today!
Post a Comment